Marc Lefkowitz | 11/10/08 @ 11:25am
- So much hype surrounds so-called 'green collar' jobs, but the Ohio advanced & green energy markets summit this Tuesday in Columbus is an opportunity to hear directly from companies and individuals in Ohio that are working to drive green jobs creation. Gov. Ted Strickland is scheduled to deliver the keynote address
- Get the latest on renewable energy opportunities at this Wednesday's OSU Renewable Energy Workshop in Wooster. Wind and solar power, pellet stoves, biodiesel, anaerobic digestion, geothermal heat pumps, energy conservation, and corn and cellulosic ethanol will be among the topics.
- A few years ago, Cleveland poured a lot of energy into plans that would reconnect the region to its lakefront, producing a Lakefront Plan. This Wednesday evening, hear Cleveland Planning Director (and one of the Lakefront Plan authors) Bob Brown return to the vision of lakefront access.
- Diesel engines are one of the heaviest emitters of carbon and smog. If you manage a fleet of diesel trucks or buses, hear about how to improve their environmental performance at the Ohio Green Fleets meeting this Thursday.
- Supporters of urban agriculture have a key date this Friday as Cleveland City Council meets to discuss a law that would allow for backyard chicken coops and bee keeping.