Great start to SXSW Eco—the high (green) powered meeting in Austin, Texas—as Cleveland’s own David Jurca shared lessons from Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative’s Pop Up City product—this April’s Complete and Green Street demonstration, Pop Up Rockwell.
Blog › Transportation choices
“Does Louisville Need More Highways?” is so relevant to Cleveland that you could easily swap what’s happening here in to that headline. We too are suffering from another short-sighted decision to spend billions on a highway that was built on the premise that it would bring more business to the city and unclog the roads—two myths the Times article challenges. The...more
· Ohio is an urban state, and that should align well with the deployment of electric vehicles. With a range of a few hundred miles, a charging station connected to the grid would always be in reach. Green Energy Ohio and Clean Fuels Ohio want to talk about a game changer – renewable energy charging stations. Their EV road trip...more
· Cleveland makes HGTV's 10 Greatest Cycling Cities in America. As nice as it is to be mentioned for our "impassioned and persevering community of bike riders" we want to see Cleveland's bike trips rise from 0.39% to the level of the other cities mentioned, like Portland (where 6% of trips and $30 million has been invested over the last...more
Bike share is a sustainable transportation idea that is coming of age in America. Unlike some more hard-core issues, like expanding bike lanes, bike share is exciting a wider audience to consider riding a bike in their city. The origins of modern bike share-a flexible rent and return service -can be traced to city-led programs in Paris and Washington. Images of...more
Social media feed
- Diversity (racial and income) correlates w/ #equity #sharedsuccess. Only 50% of Clevelanders experience diversity i… https://t.co/G3SDFbVMYO
3 days ago via Twitter
- When it’s hot like that, it’s also dangerous to breath. Keep safe. Also, keep trips to a min. https://t.co/qCPzqWwZ4K
3 days ago via Twitter
- .@CuyahogaCounty is kicking off its #climateactionplan with a #greenhousegas emissions inventory. We are hearing th… https://t.co/xv644NlHU3
9 days ago via Twitter
Eco-friendly landscapes >
We look inside two local guides to native landscaping and their benefits.
10 ways to stay cool and save >
See these tips to beat the heat and save money.
Your location can cost or save >
See if your neighborhood is costing or saving you more than the average