Calendar › Lake Erie central basin conference
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Lake Erie central basin conference
Conference on water quality issues affecting the central basin of Lake Erie, sponsored by Lake Erie Waterkeeper and the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer district.
Topics and speakers include:
- Lake Erie central basin and sediments -- Gerald Matisoff, Case Western Reserve University
- Lake Erie central basin overview -- Bob Heath, Kent State
- Lake Erie stormwater and wastewater -- Frank Greenland, Watershed Programs Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
- Lake Erie central basin fish -- Kevin Kayle, ODNR Fisheries
- Climate and the future of Lake Erie -- Brent Lofgren, NOAA
- Dam removal on the Cuyahoga River -- Bill Zawiski, Ohio EPA
- The science of water and fracking -- Beverly Saylor, Case Western Reserve University
- Lake Erie algae and phosphorus -- Gail Hess, Ohio Lake Erie Commission
Watershed Stewardship Center at West Creek
2277 W. Ridgewood Rd.
More information: https://www.eventbrite.com/event/8594701985?ref=elink
Your location can cost or save >
See if your neighborhood is costing or saving you more than the average
10 best ecological restoration >
Cities are healthier as a whole when nature is invited in.
The best bike trails >
Find out where are the most interesting bike rides in Northeast Ohio