Calendar › Sustainable Cleveland 2019 Summit
September 17, 2014 – 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
September 18, 2014 – 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sustainable Cleveland 2019 Summit
Annual summit organized by the Cleveland Office of Sustainability.
Summit Topics & Agenda: The Summit will celebrate the current Year of Zero Waste and preparing for 2015, the Year of Clean Water. We will also continue to design around the City’s Climate Action Plan that was co-created by more than 50 businesses and organizations. We will design solutions for the following priority areas:
- Leveraging sustainability assets, progress and strengths to advance business
- Advancing the people-centered development potentials of the Vital Neighborhoods Movement
- Leveraging renewable energy for jobs and economic transition
- Benefiting from the quality of life of walkable cities with sustainable transportation
- Leveraging the economic and environmental dimensions of clean water
- Preparing for resilience and readiness in the face of climate change
- Advancing the opportunities to turn waste into wealth
Annie Leonard, is the creator of The Story of Stuff. Named one of Fast Company’s 1000 Most Creative People in Business, Ms. Leonard is an international expert in sustainability and environmental health issues. Her documentaries, beginning with The Story of Stuff, have transformed complex issues of consumerism into understandable challenges.
John Cleveland, Executive Director of the Boston Green Ribbon Commission (GRC), will speak about how the GRC aligns the resources of key sectors to share ideas, monitor progress and engage stakeholders in implementing Boston's Climate Action Plan. The GRC uses a data driven, action oriented approach to focus the commercial and industrial sectors to accelerate the City's greenhouse gas emissions reduction goals.
Cleveland Public Hall
500 Lakeside Ave
More information: http://www.sustainablecleveland.org/annual-summits/2014-2/
10 best ecological restoration >
Cities are healthier as a whole when nature is invited in.
Find local food >
Explore local food resources and a map of farmers markets in Northeast Ohio
Eco-friendly landscapes >
We look inside two local guides to native landscaping and their benefits.