GCBL staff | 12/05/07 @ 5:13pm
- Cleveland opens newest green space and bike/pedestrian trail at Treadway Creek in the southwest neighborhood of Brooklyn Centre. Read more.
- The Stocker Foundation in Lorain has issued a challenge to All Aboard Ohio and the West Shore Corridor Stakeholders-a $12,500 challenge. If the nonprofit group matches that amount in donations before November 2008, it can receive the funding to help in the publicity and educational efforts toward developing a commuter rail line from Lorain to Cleveland.
- More than 55 percent of all public transit users are women. That is just one of many facts contained in a thorough look at who is riding transit today in this study produced by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA).
- Ohio City Bicycle Co-op is conducting a class this Saturday on the practicalities and fun of riding your bike in the winter in Northeast Ohio. For more information and to sign up, go here.
- Give the gift of a new playground to the City of East Cleveland this winter. All it takes is a few clicks of your mouse and no dough (unless you want). East Cleveland was nominated as a "Playful City USA" Cool Cleveland reports, with the grand prize a $25K grant for a new play space. Cast your vote here to help them win.