Marc Lefkowitz | 04/05/10 @ 3:10pm
The 2019 Work Groups continue to meet and hone their projects. Here are some of the upcoming meetings:
The 2019 Vacant Land Reutilization aka "Emerald Tapestry" group meets Wed. (3/31) at 4 p.m. On the agenda:
- Brainstorm ideas for 2019 presentation at EarthFest (The Communications 'G5' is coordinating 2019 at Earth Fest)
- Updates on 'Re-Imagining 2.0' from Terry Schwarz, interim director, Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative and Sonia Jakse, city of Cleveland's consultant for vacant land reutilization.
- Case's Mark Chupp will present the plan for 'Re-Imagining' community engagement that will include an education phase and preparation for supporting the catalytic projects produced from the 2.0 process.
The 2019 Green Building subcommittee tasked with developing goals and metrics for retrofitting Cleveland's homes for energy efficiency meets Thursday (4/1) at 4 p.m. at the offices of Cleveland Housing Network, 2999 Payne Avenue Suite 306. This group, and the larger Green Building effort, will take the role as advisory committee when Cleveland announces the consultants to develop the city's $10 million Energy Efficiency Block Grant home retrofit project. The metrics subcommittee will report to the larger Retrofit Working Group on Thursday, April 8, from 6 - 7:30 at the Cleveland Environmental Center, 3500 Lorain Avenue.
The 'G5' communications groups will meet Tuesday, April 6 at 5:30 at ABC Tavern on W. 25th Street. The G5 will gather with 'ambassadors' (volunteers) from each 2019 Work Group to discuss the SC2019 exhibit at Earth Fest on April 18. The group will also discuss the details of a video documentary that will include conversations between the 2019 groups and the public at Earth Fest. Two professional videographers who have agreed to volunteer their time will be present to work on the pre-shooting details.
The Advanced Energy Generation group will meet on April 9 (location TBD). Their agenda includes:
- Review and revise projects (see this link for background)
- Establishing SMART goals and objectives (building off the presentation of the Metrics Group) to prepare the city's consultant for the 2019 Strategic Plan.
- Laura Christie, GreenCityBlueLake Institute Climate Change project co-developer, will present "The Energy Roadmap to the Future."
The Sustainable Transportation Action Team (STAT) will meet on April 14 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. The group's most recent meeting focused on revisiting the group's vision and long-range goals.
The Sustainable Water group will also meet at the Natural History Museum, 3 ? 5 p.m. on April 14. The agenda includes honing plans to get the word out about the 'Drink Local. Drink Tap.' Campaign at Earth Fest.