Marc Lefkowitz | 07/17/10 @ 10:56am
Beginning July 17-31 rethink your commute. Take the Commuter Challenge and try a more sustainable form of transportation for at least one day. Bike, walk or carpool. Try public transit. Alternative transportation can have an important effect on Northeast Ohio's air quality and your health and your wallet.
"For every 20-mile round trip you eliminate, you save a gallon of gas and keep about 25 pounds of pollutants out of the air we breathe," explains Amy Wainright, an environmental planner at the Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA).
NOACA's Air Quality Programs are excited to announce this year's prizes! By participating in Commuter Challenge, and completing the survey at the end, you will be registered for a drawing that includes the following prizes:
- Cleveland Indians Baseball Tickets
- Mr. Hero Sandwich Gift Certificates
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Admission Tickets
- Bodies Exhibition Tickets
In addition, NOACA has a limited number of Laketran bus passes for use during Commuter Challenge. These are available first come, first served, by emailing your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
- Progressive Insurance
- CH2M Hill
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History
- University Circle, Inc.
- Cleveland Botanical Garden
- Cleveland Clinic
- Office of Sustainability, the City of Cleveland
- Detroit Shoreway Community Development Organization
- Cleveland Metroparks
Add your business to the list! For more information on the Commuter Challenge-including prizes that will be given out to participants who register for one day or the entire two weeks-go here.