Calendar › Listening Project - 10+ Years Since the "Quiet Crisis"
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Listening Project - 10+ Years Since the "Quiet Crisis"
Over 10 years ago, the Plain Dealer and ideastream reported on the "Quiet Crisis." This included all of the economic problems facing Northeast Ohio, including a dying downtown, struggling schools, the lack of a convention center, sprawl, corruption and crime. Now, in 2014, we want to listen to some of the top individuals working to improve the economy through arts and culture, residential/commercial development, workforce development and business growth and attraction. And, we want to listen to YOU. What has happened in the past 10+ years? What was successful? What should we focus on now? Panelists for the event include:
- Joe Frolik, former Chief Editorial Writer, Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Karen Gahl-Mills, Executive Director, Cuyahoga Arts and Culture
- Ari Maron, Partner, MRN Ltd.
- Quentin McCorvey, Sr. - Chair, Cleveland Cuyahoga County Workforce Investment Board
- Brad Whitehead, President, Fund for Our Economic Future
Parma-Snow Branch Library
2121 Snow Road
Parma, OH 44134
Find local food >
Explore local food resources and a map of farmers markets in Northeast Ohio
The best bike trails >
Find out where are the most interesting bike rides in Northeast Ohio
Ten water saving tips >
We're at the shore of Lake Erie, but we still have good reasons to conserve