Jan 01, 2020 | Full-Time
Contact : To Apply Interested applicants should provide a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Sandy Buchanan, Executive Director Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis firstname.lastname@example.org All submissions should be by email with the phrase “Accounting Controller” in the subject line. No phone calls please. The submission deadline is March 8, 2020.
Job Description: IEEFA Accounting Controller
The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) is seeking candidates to fill the position of Accounting Controller.
Background on the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA)
IEEFA conducts research and analysis on financial and economic issues related to energy and the environment. The organization’s mission is to accelerate the transition to a diverse, sustainable and profitable energy economy and to reduce dependence on fossil fuels and other non-renewable energy resources. More about IEEFA and our research can be found at www.ieefa.org.
We are seeking an experienced accounting controller to join our Cleveland headquarters office, a small staff who provide management and financial administration for IEEFA’s global team of consultants. Key IEEFA personnel are located in cities throughout the mainland United States, Puerto Rico, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Manila, London, Delhi and Sydney.
IEEFA is supported primarily by foundation grants and contracts. It is a growing organization with a current annual budget of $5 million.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Accounting Controller
Duties will include:
• processing all incoming deposits, transfers and grants received, plus all outgoing bill payments, checks and wire transfers;
• creating monthly profit and loss and cash flow reports;
• payroll and tax management;
• managing contracts and contract renewals for IEEFA’s team of consultants;
• insurance administration and benefits management;
• preparing and coordinating the accounting records for the annual independent audit and 990, and processing all year-end tax forms;
• in partnership with IEEFA’s executive director, creating organizational and program budgets for grant applications and grant reports, and managing the organization’s grants database;
• managing hiring processes for new IEEFA staff;
• facilitating legal review of administrative documents;
• managing relationships with vendors, including i.t. providers;
• working with the executive director and program manager on a variety of organizational projects as needed.
Candidates for this position must have at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration (or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge) and at least five years of employment in the accounting field. We are seeking a professional who has:
• excellent organizational and communication skills;
• a strong background in payroll and benefits administration and with using QuickBooks for income and expense tracking. Demonstrated experience managing organizational budgets.
• strong aptitude with Excel, QuickBooks and Salesforce;
• outstanding time management skills;
• demonstrated experience with hiring great matches for positions, including talent-spotting, recruitment, applicant evaluation, training and retention;
• the ability to work nimbly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
• strong attention to detail;
• superb interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment;
• experience working with international teams a significant plus;
• orientation to providing service to IEEFA’s team;
• commitment to IEEFA’s mission.
The position is full-time and will report to IEEFA’s executive director. It offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with the applicant’s level of experience.
Some travel will be required, including quarterly trips to New York City for IEEFA team meetings.
Minorities and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should provide a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Sandy Buchanan, Executive Director
Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis
All submissions should be by email with the phrase “Accounting Controller” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The submission deadline is March 8, 2020.
Eco-friendly landscapes >
We look inside two local guides to native landscaping and their benefits.
Ten water saving tips >
We're at the shore of Lake Erie, but we still have good reasons to conserve
10 ways to stay cool and save >
See these tips to beat the heat and save money.